Sunday, May 13, 2012

Shifting Gears!

Good Morning!

Wow...Where to began? The last 4 days myself and the Zips Racing team have been competing in a Collegiate Design competition called Formula SAE. 120 teams come from all over the world to show off their engineering skills and abilities to build a formula 1 style racecar. OK, now that I have your attention...Lets sum up the event. Yesterday, was the final day of the competition, which means the MAIN event! The endurance race is what we all work for...120 cars were apart of our competition this week, and only 49% of the cars finished the endurance event. Below you can see a picture of the race team shortly after the car finished the endurance race.


Later that evening we attended the awards ceremony, and were awarded 13th place overall out of 120 schools. We burnt up a clutch during the autorcross event and scrambled to fix the car for the endurance race. If it wasn't for the breakdown mid-week we most likely would have finished in the top 10... Below you can see a picture of the racecar being torn apart in our paddock.


Ok. Ok. As always, I try to wrap these blogs up pretty quickly...So let me conclude here. This morning I was very lucky to have two amazing friends drive me to the Detroit airport at 4:30am! You might be wondering what for? Well, for the next 9 days I'll be serving in Haiti. I am so excited to head back to their country. It impacted my life so much the last time I visited in 2011. I will try my best to update my blog, but internet is very limited in Haiti. No matter what - know that this is what I love to do... Serving others and seeing people smile!

Well, stay tuned!

--Benny

No comments:

Post a Comment